If it rains on your vacation it doesn’t have to be a wash out downer. People find things to do all the time to escape the heat and those will help you escape the rain as well. There’s many things to do on a beach vacation that doesn’t involve the beach at all! While you could stay indoors and enjoy the amenities any one of our Seaside Rentals can provide you, there surely are lots more that you can do to make your vacation all that it can be.
1. Be proactive and check the weather channel on TV or weather.com online to see if it’s going to rain and how long it’s forecasted to last.
2. Take a trip to a local drug store or beach shop and pick up some umbrellas or rain gear cheaply.
3. The ocean is exciting when a storm is coming. Take a walk on the beach with your umbrella. Nix this idea if it’s thundering or lightning.
4. Go to an air conditioned indoor movie theatre.
5. Have a tasty lunch at a local pizza house.
6. Go see “One. The show” at Alabama Theatre.
7. Visit Broadway at the Beach to see Legends in Concert.
8. Think about how lucky you are you’re not out camping.
9. Check out The Palace Theatre, home of Le Grand Cirque Adrenaline
10. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium in downtown Myrtle Beach.
11. Take the family bowling at 710 North Myrtle Beach for the time of your life!
12. Visit a bookstore to browse, then purchase that book you’ve been meaning to read.
13. Kick back and read that good book you just bought.
14. Stroll through one of the local malls without spending a cent.
15. Take a drive down the coast and visit the specialty shops along the way.
16. Drive to Calabash and experience first hand what Calabash Seafood is all about.
17. Visit the Franklin G. Burroughs – Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum at 3100 South Ocean Boulevard Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
18. Go out for some adult fun and take in a show at 2001 Nightclub, 920 Lake Arrowhead Road, Myrtle Beach.
19. Stop by the awesome gaming center, MagiQuest, at 1185 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach.
20. For indoor/outdoor miniature golf, check out Paradise Adventure Golf.
21. Don’t miss Medieval Times, a dinner theatre at 2904 Fantasy Way, Myrtle Beach.
22. Take in your first IMAX 3D theatre in Myrtle Beach.
23. Go shopping at one of three enclosed malls at Myrtle Beach Grand, Inlet Square, or Briarcliffe.
24. Try your hand in the Broadway Louie’s, a new gaming arcade at Celebrity Square in Myrtle Beach.
25. Take the kids to WonderWorks – an amusement park for the mind with over 100 hands-on exhibits.
This list should keep you and the kids busy for the duration of the storm. If you have any not-to-be-missed ideas for a rainy day be sure to add them in the comments section below.